Omacor Capsules contains the active ingredients of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl esters. These substances are called omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Omacor has been shown to have a protective effect on the heart following a heart attack and lowers the levels of triglycerides (a fat-like substance) in the blood.
What is Omacor Capsules Used for?
- In combination with other medicines, for treatment after a heart attack to reduce the risk of further heart attacks and improve overall survival.
- To treat high levels of triglyceride in the blood of certain patients, but only after changes to the diet have been ineffective.
You should take special care with Omacor if:
- you are due to have or have had recent surgery
- you have kidney problems
- you are diabetic and are not controlling it
- you have had a recent trauma
- you have liver problems
You must speak to your doctor before taking Omacor if you are taking other medicines, particularly medicines to stop blood clotting as you may need extra blood tests.
Omacor Capsule 1000mg - Each capsule contains the active ingredients eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl esters. These substances are called omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids