Premium anti-microbial skin disinfectant. Videne Alcoholic Tincture is a licensed, povidone-iodine based rapid drying formulation with broad spectrum efficacy
Povidone-Iodine 10% w/w cutaneous solution.
- Broad Spectrum Efficacy and Trusted Protection - Povidone-iodine is effective against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungi and bacterial spores and reduces the risk of infection during surgical incision.
- Alcohol-based - Especially suitable where quick drying antisepsis is required.
- Skin Delineation - appropriate and enhanced visualization of the prepared area.
- Licensed Povidone-Iodine Skin Disinfection - approved for use as a pre-operative skin disinfectant by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK, providing assurance of the product's safety and efficacy.
Videne Alcoholic Tincture is a broad-spectrum antiseptic for topical application. It is indicated for quick drying pre-operative skin disinfection, particularly in orthopaedic surgery.
Posology And Method Of Administration
Videne Alcoholic Tincture is applied undiluted to the area to be incised and painted on thoroughly using a gauze swab. The solution may be allowed to dry to form a protective film or may be removed using a sterile gauze swab. There are no special dosage recommendations for children or elderly patients.
- Povidone-iodine 10% w/w
- Alkyl phenol ether sulphate (ammonium salt)
- Industrial Methylated Spirit (95%)
- Citric Acid
- Anhydrous disodium hydrogen phosphate
- Purified water
- 18 months
- Do not store above 25ºC